Saturday 8 April 2017

Weekend Reverie

a special place all for me 

The wind is wildly blowing in a front of clouds and possibly some rain. It feels good to be cozy, indoors. My messy bun hairstyle got even more tousled earlier when I was outside.


After a week or so of moving heavy furniture, some down to the basement, my re-designed personal space is finally done the way I like it. As Julia Roberts said in the movie, Steel Magnolias, "Pink is my signature color." 

This past Christmas when we told visiting Grandson #4 he could sleep in my study, he took one look at all of my pink and adamantly declined. His other option was a sleeping bag on an air mattress in the unfinished basement. He took us up on that. We just smiled. He is nine years old. That's what nine-year old boys do. 

the south wall of my study

Yes, I have a Christmas tree in my study (and another one in the dining room) and yes, I know it's nearly Easter. But neither of them are decorated for Christmas, so it's okay (and it's my house and I can do what I want... thinking along the lines of the song by Leslie Uggams, "It's My Party"). There is a lone felt Easter egg at the top of this tree.


My "staff" is still a very real part of my life, as you can see them atop the bookcases. Their conversations haven't been recorded on my blog in a long time now, but I do enjoy their company in this special place I call my own.

Artful Blogging Magazine (Feb/Mar/April 2017)

On Thursday I picked up the current issue of Artful Blogging Magazine at Michaels. If you want a copy for yourself, they should be on display until April 30th. It's an inspiring publication that features bloggers' short biographies, the purpose of their blogs, and samples of their interests. It's good to see what those outside of my blogging community are doing. 


Just to be artsy (after reading the magazine), I'm showing you the banana I enjoyed while flipping the pages... we don't have to be serious ALL the time!

shoes under my desk


Also, just to illustrate how the magazine has affected me, here are my shoes, kicked off because I'm resting my feet...

Nine Patch Quilt in greens
on a folded quilt sitting on top of the heat register on the floor. Very comfy!

hand appliqué' done September 2011


Here is one last piece of whimsey in my study before I close this out: a hand-appliqued mat I made a few years ago while Beloved was in surgery for knee replacement. This design was adapted from something by Mary Engelbreit. I wish I had more time to make projects like this.

Speaking of time (or the lack thereof), we all need to make time to rest, take the load off, and focus on what is beautiful, delightful, and delicious. This is scriptural, you know.


Come to me,
all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and
learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

* * * * *
Well, this time of delightful reverie has to come to an end for me. Thanks for stopping by! I'm closing out comments today because I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow and won't have time to respond.

Happy weekend to all!






0 komentar: