Friday 14 April 2017

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Easter


While it is a challenge to find much home decor for the real meaning of Easter, the bunnies and eggs are everywhere.


I didn't think I had much in the way of Easter decorations, but as it turns out, there's enough here to do a little tour for my readers.


Of course no seasonal decorating is complete in my house without the inclusion of stuffed animals...


... including lambs, which have a special symbolism for believers in the true meaning of Easter.


Alabaster eggs are my favorite kind of eggs because they can be used year after year and I don't have to dye them!



This delightful basket full of eggs was a thrifty find at the second-hand store a few weeks ago.


Whimsey is a fun part of it all with our 'elf door' now sitting on the fireplace mantel. The Christmas elves are busy at the North Pole, so the bunnies are renting the space right now.


This is a good opportunity to unpack the quilted spring table runners, and change our the floral arrangements from the austerity of winter to the bright colors of April.


I never did find it in myself to pack away the pencil tree in the dining room after Christmas. In January it was decorated with snow people, in February it was covered with red felt hearts, and now it's got felt eggs and egg people.


The felt eggs, by the way, were an impulse purchase at the Home Goods store (next door to TJ Maxx). We have a new one in our town, so I like to show my support by shopping there!


The pantry door has its own wreath of white tulips. Speaking of the pantry, what is your kitchen serving for Easter Sunday? Or are you braving the crowds and eating out?


Those of our kids who live in town will be over for a light lunch after church before they hop over to an Easter Egg hunt at another family home later in the day.


I hope your entire Easter weekend is full of significance with what our Lord has done for us with His death, burial, and resurrection. 

0 komentar: