Tuesday 13 June 2017

Moving Forward

Tuesday morning

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19

Son #2 and The Lil' Red-Haired Girl came here yesterday to go to dinner with us, relieve our pantry of groceries the movers won't pack (and we don't have space in our car), take the lawn mower off our hands, and to hug us before we leave. 

Over the past week we have had several farewell visits with friends, including a well-attended Bible class dinner in a private room at Sweet Tomatoes, and many hugs with well-wishes from church friends at the close of the Sunday morning worship service.

Sigh. Not all of this moving process is starbursts and joy. I am very thankful for social media that helps to keep us connected over the miles and time zones. For me, anyway, that softens the sting of the goodbyes.


The packers come tomorrow (Wednesday) and the trucks will be loaded on Thursday. I have used the last of the dishwasher powder and already dismantled many of my kitchen cabinets to remove the shelf paper and vacuum out crumbs. Aside from eating odd foods leftover in the refrigerator and pantry, the chef in me is done.



Today I am sharing the breakfast table with a mountain of pots and pans. My morning coffee is in an old Christmas mug because my favorite mug is snugly packed for the car trip.



Our breakfast conversation focused around questions Beloved and I have. When do we take our last shower and bath so that the towels can be packed dry (not damp)? When do we disconnect the printer without fear of needing to use it again for the legal stuff that goes back and forth? Can we add just a few more things to the box with the telephones? 


We are truly in the midst of transition now. The Brown Bungalow doesn't feel like home any more but we don't close and take possession of Magnolia Place for another two weeks. 


We will transform from seeing one of our sons and his wife fairly often to seeing our other two children, their spouses and grandchildren. And the pups. We will get used to having visiting dogs in our home along with a lot more noise than we have now.



Don't get me wrong, we love children and dogs. It's all good. But it's a redesign of what is normal for us.



Our lives are taking on new shapes, almost as though we are being re-defined. It's like, not only are we entering a new chapter of our lives but perhaps it's more like we are starting a new book in a series. 



Well anyway, this is where I am today. Among the many decisions we discussed over breakfast, Beloved said he will have to turn off our Internet connection tomorrow. That translates to no more blogging for me until my laptop has a dependable source AND I have the inclination to write. I may or may not blog while we are on the road. 



Please keep us in your prayers as we come to mind. 



I'm closing the comments window with this post since I won't be able to respond readily.



Blessings to you all!



a recent purchase I absolutely could not resist

0 komentar: