Sunday 11 June 2017

Letting Go

completed ~ 2013

While going through so many pieces of needlework in preparation for our move to Florida, a lot of tough decisions had to be made regarding what to keep, what to sell, what to donate and what to put out with the trash. There is a lot of tugging at the heart when going through boxes and boxes of stuff.

This cross stitch, which was matted and framed, is one of the pieces that is not coming with us simply because I had to draw the line somewhere.  I learned to take snapshots of things like this and for me, that is good enough. 

Extreme practicality has prevailed as we packed. I know all too well what it is like to reach the new home and have more possessions than we can store, hang up for display, or even need. I suspect that will happen again in three weeks when the trucks get unloaded at our new home, but I'm hoping there will be less of it than with our other relocations.

Believe it or not, as I came across special things in my packing, I often stopped to ask the Lord to guide me. Would He show me what to keep and what to relinquish? Would He help me to let go of things so I wouldn't give in to excessive sentimentality?

Several times I believe He impressed me I could let go of an item without fear of regrets later, but to first take a snapshot of it.  For me, that works. It might not be the solution for everybody, but it has helped me.

So yes, taking the message of this needlework piece to heart, when a day is hemmed in prayer, things seldom unravel.

0 komentar: