Saturday 27 May 2017

Morning Dew

Rain on Clover
from the Internet


Here in Colorado, we don't get a lot of morning dew. The Brown Bungalow is planted somewhere between 6,300 and 6,400 feet in elevation and our humidity is typically much lower than other parts of the country. This makes for dry skin, dry soil, and more dust than mold for the conscientious homemaker to contend with.


I think of dew as refreshing and renewing, like plumping up raisins in hot water before adding them to an oatmeal cookie recipe. The soaking water gets into the cells of the dried grape to fill them up, resulting in a more flavorful and tender raisin for the pastry. 

Dew can be thought of as God's mercies, which are new every morning. 

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning:
great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 2:22-23

Dew sparkles in the early sunrise, giving the appearance of diamonds strewn across the grass. God's mercies are spiritual diamonds to me, causing my day to be blessed with forgiveness, mercy, and the enabling I need to get through whatever awaits in the coming hours. 

Dew refreshes plant life before the heat of the sun becomes intense. Early morning time spent in solitude with God's written word and prayer reminds me of His love and watch care over me. 

In a few weeks the outdoor moisture of dew will be a regular friend to me in our new southern home. I'll feel the damp air on my face and inhale the humidity.  My skin will be moist; the hair at the nape of my neck will curl into ringlets. 

I'll be reminded more vividly of God's tender mercies, His purpose to provide new opportunities to see His power at work in my circumstances, and His generosity to give me desires of my heart, 

The LORD by wisdom founded the earth.
By understanding He established the heavens.
By His knowledge the deeps were broken up
And the skies drip with dew.
Proverbs 3:19-20

0 komentar: