Monday 29 May 2017

Memorial Day 2017

Altar floral arrangement at my church yesterday

As our pastor said in his sermon yesterday, none of us faced opposition getting to church that day, no one threatened our worship of God, public Bible reading, and prayers. 

How easily I forget these freedoms but how lost I would be if we were to lose them! 

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for blessing the efforts of so many to preserve the freedoms we have in the United States of America.
.

canteens
As we remember people we have known who have sacrificed so much for our religious and political freedoms, I also remember deceased people, who have given unselfishly of themselves for my other freedoms and comforts:

- those who tended to me when I was too young and helpless to do for myself

- teachers who gave me an education when I wanted nothing more than to play with my dolls and ride my bike

- those who allowed me to learn to drive with their car

- those who bore with me in my youthful ignorance and pride

- those who listened to me when my talking would seem to never end

- the many others who have blessed me so I could learn maturity and apply wisdom to the circumstances of life


one of two American flags on the wall
behind the choir and orchestra at my church
Memorial Day weekend

God has richly blessed us all. Memorial Day is a time to remember those to whom we are indebted.





0 komentar: