Tuesday 21 February 2017

Fishing for Answers

large fish in aquarium at The Couer d'Alene Resort (Idaho)
during our vacation last summer
This week our hostess has asked us questions having to do with "all things fish." To learn what that's about, read on. I'll be linking up at Joyce's blog today, From This Side of the Pond.


1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing, is that something you'd like to try?


I have been on a lot of fishing trips times although I no longer actually fish. My grandfather took Sister and me fishing in Oklahoma when we were in high school. I baited my own hook (live bait) and caught some (Crappie).  


My husband is a fly fisherman. While I love to watch him standing in his waders casting the line (it's pure poetry!),  I prefer to remain on the stream's bank reading a book or hand sewing. He usually fishes where the rule is "catch and release" so we stop at The Cracker Barrel on the way home to have trout for dinner.


Beloved considers his options alongside the South Platte in Deckers, Colorado

Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait... which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?


Our house is situated on a corner. The back of our property drops off in such a way that the people living and traveling on the street alongside and behind us can see everything we do on our deck and in our back yard. With that said, I feel like we live in a fishbowl. We have plans to improve that situation... (smile) I'll surely blog about it when the dream is fulfilled.



the back of The Brown Bungalow

2. What's something you're always fishing  for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?


Keys. They always end  up underneath my wallet, at the bottom of my purse.



3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?



photo from Google Images
Disney's The Little Mermaid. 


4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.



"Sunrise" would best describe me. I love to get up early, preferably before dawn, and get a good start on the day while I'm feeling fresh and rested.



5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?



I have several pairs of Naturalizer low-heeled pumps, all in neutral colors that I love. I have had them for maybe 17 years or so. I only wear them on Sundays and for other dress-up occasions. Since we don't dress up nearly as much as we used to, these shoes have not worn out. (can you tell I'm not on the cutting edge of fashion?)



6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?


Internet photo
My idea of a great getaway would be  to a warm place where I could sit on a balcony above the white sugar sand, watch the turquoise ocean waves roll in, read a book, nap, and enjoy the kitchen just steps away. 


The best part of my winter so far has been getting to spend a few days with Surfer Girl and her family when they came to see us between Christmas and New Years. 



The worst part of my winter so far? Hmm...


7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day ... will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?



Not a Jimmy Buffet fan. The most exciting beverage I enjoy these days is apple cinnamon herbal tea.


8. Insert your own random thought here.



The new movie, "The Shack" is coming out soon and Christians are abuzz as to whether they should see it or not. I don't plan to see it because it gives an erroneous impression of how one gets to heaven. I can't support a film (or the book) that misleads people about the most important decision they will ever make for all of eternity.

Here is an interesting link discussing the book and the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTWZk1VFnYI

* * * * *
I'm linking up today at:

0 komentar: