Tuesday 7 February 2017

A Super Hodgepodge

moving through the month

On the heels of the Super Bowl, we have questions from Joyce, the hostess at her blog titled, From This Side of the Pond:

1) What's the last thing you did that someone else thought was super?

As of this writing, it was a quilt I made for a newborn family member. I wrote about that in my last post, Welcome to Great Nephew.

2) The last thing you ate that tasted superb?

A homemade peanut sauce we had with our supper last night.

3) Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, super ambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial ... pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently.

Along the lines of "superwoman," I'll share with you a line Beloved feeds me from time to time that always cracks me up and gets him whatever he wants out of me. It goes like this: "I'm not sayin' you're Wonder Woman, but I've never seen the two of you in the room at the same time!"

4) Do you love easily? Fairly easily. If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is. I think it is true of me partly due to naivete and also because I really want to see people get along.

5) Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere, will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend?

I have to honestly say that Beloved is my Valentine every day of the year and we frequently have a meal (either at home or out) to celebrate whatever is making us happy at the time. Our activities for Valentine's Day seldom take us to a restaurant due to the crowds and higher prices on that special day. This year I plan to try a new recipe for pork tenderloins. I've already checked with Beloved about that and he is all in.

6) What's something you are loving right now?

Winter. I love wearing winter clothes (knee socks, jeans, sweaters, scarves). My love for this season does pale a bit when the outdoor temperature dips into the single digits and below, but here in Colorado, our really cold snaps are usually curtailed with bright sunny days that are wonderful!!

7) Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart.

Love you dearly.

8) Insert  your own random thought here.


photo credit

This week I am celebrating my 8th anniversary of blogging! In December of 2008, I had a serious fall that crushed my shoulder, which led to a shoulder replacement, months of recuperation, and painful physical therapy. I had to put my ambitious sewing plans on hold. In February 2009, I realized blogging could fill my need to create.  Now, these 8 years later, I am able to both blog and sew! Thank You, Lord!

-----------------------------
Linking up today with other bloggers at 



This week my Feedburner (the widget that sends out notifications of new posts to my blog subscribers) has not been working right. I THINK I've fixed it, but am not entirely sure. Time will tell. If this has inconvenienced any of you, I am sorry.

0 komentar: