Sunday 12 February 2017

Celebrating with Needle and Thread

Valentine wreath on our front door
Today I'll be short on words as I share some of the Valentine-related crafts and sewing (mostly sewing) that we've pulled out to embellish the season. Over many years of marriage, the completed projects really accumulate!

tree in dining room

Hearts on the tree

close-up of handwork called reverse appliqué 



chandelier ornaments - all purchased


dining table table runner is a pattern I use for all seasons/occasions


heart appliqué made in 1989


simple little runner made of scraps on hand


"Rail Fence" pattern adapts well with to any season/color/theme




made in an afternoon, mostly on the sewing machine.

from JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts - sometimes it's simpler to just buy instead of sew!


The kitchen pantry door is a great palette for decorations


purchased at Hobby Lobby


some of my 'staff' and friends

Happy Valentine's Day from my household to yours!


Post Script: Thank you to the many new friends who stopped by to read my last post and left comments. And thank you to Vee for steering them my way. I enjoyed visiting blogs I had not seen before. You all have such wonderful things to share and blogging is a wonderful way to do it!

I want you all to know the problem that had Beloved and me waiting for so long was beautifully settled late last week. The "How to Wait" blog post was a reprise (for me, more than anyone else) of things I learned during the waiting process. 

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!














0 komentar: