Tuesday 7 March 2017

The 300th Edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge

Today we are celebrating the 300th Wednesday Hodgepodge! Joyce surprised us last week with a new (beautiful!!) header to her blog last week, and today, in celebration of this 300th edition, she has a new Hodgepodge button! Isn't it beautiful?! 

I don't know how long Joyce has been issuing the questions for us to answer, but my guess is it's over six years! Isn't that amazing? (I've been with her 3 or 4  years)

As per the way Hodgepodge works, I'll give my responses to her questions and then link up with other bloggers at Joyce's blog, From This Side of the Pond.

1. What is one area of your life where you're a perfectionist? Is that a good thing?

Contrary to what some people may think, I am a perfectionist when it comes to my hair. It's okay as long as one doesn't spend too much time or money on it.

2. What's something you find perfectly ridiculous?

Yesterday we had extremely windy and cold weather. As we were leaving Walmart, a woman came in dressed very immodestly. She was grabbing those paper hand sanitizers beside the grocery carts. I wondered how the hand-washing was going to prevent her from getting sick when so much of her bare skin was exposed to our frigid weather.

3. What's a skill you've developed by way of that old fashioned saying, 'practice makes perfect"?

Typing. I've been typing nearly every day of my life since 1968.

4. What's your idea of a perfect breakfast?

My idea of a perfect breakfast is a green smoothie blended in my Vitamix. My usual recipe is poured into a wide-mouth mason jar and enjoyed with a long, fat straw:

2-3 cups of dark leafy greens 
(kale, chard, spinach, romaine, dandelion greens, etc)  
1 cup of orange juice or almond milk
1 cup of water
half of a frozen banana
1 cup of frozen fruit
a superfood powder
(ground turmeric, maca, lucuma, camu, red beet, matcha)
1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin
1 teaspoon agave syrup 
a nut or seed
(ground flax meal, hemp, chia, etc)
ice cubes are optional; I seldom use them

I vary this with different dark leafy greens, different fruits, and different nuts. I can't tell you how much this smoothie has helped me over the last 3+ years since my food intolerances kicked in.

5. What's a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you've taken that you'd rate a perfect 10? Tell us why.

the park at Post Falls

Our trip to Couer 'd Alene, Idaho last June was wonderful. This place is so beautiful with blue sky, lots of water, huge evergreen forests and we ate well. I loved it.

Lake Coeur d'Alene 

6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can't do perfect, how about one that comes close?

The hymn, Haven of Rest, sums up where I am right now. Here's one of my favorite versions of it from YouTube: 

Guy Penrod and Glen Payne (of the Cathedrals)

7. How would you spend $300 today?

Let me see the $$ and I'll give it some thought.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Finally brethren, 
whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are of lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
Philippians 4:8




0 komentar: