Thursday 30 March 2017

From My Library

Shared with permission from
Little Birdie Blessings

Hello dear readers,

It's been a little over a week since I began taking time off from writing blog posts so I could accomplish  other things. 

I can't say in honesty that I've been resting much, as the pretty graphic above would imply, but I have used the time away from blogging to sew on a baby quilt for my next great-nephew due to be born this summer, to cook some serious nutrient-dense meals (a hobby of mine), and to read  books, the titles of which I will share with you today.


Sue sent this book for my birthday. Not only is this a captivating testimony but my friend knows the author personally, which made the story all the more intriguing.

Both Beloved and I read it from cover to cover in one sitting -- it was that interesting. I recommend this book because it is a story that has unfolded in recent years and addresses issues we hear about in today's political and social climate. The author's journey from Islam to Christianity is real, frightening, and sobering while completely sincere. Her faith in Christ is joyful in spite of personal sacrifices that have been very tough.

Her book is available at this link.




This is another book I received as a gift. I am using it several mornings a week during my private quiet times with the Lord. If you are not familiar with Susie Larson, you should check out her website at http://www.susielarson.com

I subscribe to her Daily Blessings, which is a prayer she has written out that you can pray over yourself that will teach and encourage you greatly, all solidly based on Scripture. A link to this is at her website.

In reading this book my personal prayer life is growing and getting better results. You can find her book at this link.



Would  you believe I am actually acquainted with the author of this book?! Terry is a member of our Sunday morning Bible study class at church. I met him through his wife at a Women's Ministry activity several months ago. 

He has earned a living in radio and retail, but his real heart is in writing, and he is very prolific. He writes about many topics, but my favorites are his poetry about family and travel, especially ocean scenes. 

His work is heavily influenced by his personal relationship with Jesus Christ, which tells you this is a "safe" book to pick up, knowing the pages will not take you to places you do not want to go. 

I read a copy of this book from my public library, but you can also find it at Barnes and Noble and at this link.




On a lighter note, this is the book I am currently reading when I have a few minutes to kill before starting dinner, going to bed, or leaving the house. It is Christian fiction by Tracie Peterson, who has written over one hundred books for clean entertainment with a good dose of history. The book can be purchased at this link.


I believe I have mentioned this book before. I am going through it for a third time. Beloved and I used it two years ago for our nightly devotions together. 

This book came to us in a sort of unusual way. One day in November of 2014 the doorbell rang. Beloved was at home and answered the door. A man handed this book to him, saying that he was a representative from In Touch Ministries, which is headed by Dr. Charles Stanley, a ministry located in Atlanta, Georgia, which we have helped to support for many years. The book was a gift and that was all -- hand delivered to us from Atlanta to Colorado!

I read the one-page devotional thought every day on my way to the kitchen before breakfast. I cannot tell you how many times the verse and the thoughts following it have given me insight and direction for the exact matters I will be facing that day! I wish I had this book earlier in my life to help mature my thinking and behavior -- but now is not too late. 

I highly recommend this book. It can be purchased at this link.

So, from my reading room to yours, maybe one of these books will spark your interest.



0 komentar: