Wednesday 9 August 2017

Hodgepodge Wednesday


"I saw the light!" when replying to Joyce's questions this week on the Hodgepodge. See my answers below, and then go to Joyce's website to see how other bloggers have responded to these same questions.
1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.

.Yes, I have scheduling rules for myself that I use MOST of the time. I wash clothing on Mondays, wash towels and clean bathrooms on Wednesdays, plan menus and the grocery list Monday - Wednesday, grocery shop on Thursdays, try to serve a dessert on Friday nights, attend church on Sundays, and have a daily quiet time of Bible reading and prayer. There are other rules I have for myself, but these are the ones I’m willing to share.

2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person? 

Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)

.We have been to some lighthouses and they are interesting.  On the list given above, I’ve been to Portland Head Light in Maine, and the St. Augustine Light in Florida. Of those listed that I have not been to, the other one in Maine, Bass Harbor interests me, as well as White Shoal Light in Michigan. The one in Spain looks really great (and is OLD!!!), but I'm not interested in international travel right now.

When you've been away, what's your 'lighthouse' telling you you're on the right road home?

.We use the map app on our iPhones when traveling. It has also been VERY HELPFUL as we learn to navigate our new home town!!

wall decor in our den

3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?

. I can’t think of anything I have unintentionally stopped doing. I tend to be pretty disciplined about the things that really matter.

4. We've had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.

.Two of our grandchildren came to see us this past weekend and we all went to the beach together. We made the move a couple of months ago from Colorado to Florida so we could do this very thing: see the grandchildren more often. It’s wonderful!!

a tickle fest on the floor this past weekend:
grandkids, pups, and their mommy


5. Tell us one song you love with the word 'baby' in the title.

. Beloved and I collaborated on the answer to this one:

"The Ronettes" singing Be My Baby. (click on the title to watch the performance) By the way, spell check doesn't like the way this group spells their name and keeps "correcting" it to Rosettes. But if you are from my generation, you will know who I mean.



6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Raggedy Ann and Andy wait for the little girl to arrive
.This past weekend was the first use of the bunk beds we bought for visits of our grandchildren. We have 6 sets of them, 3 sets in each of two "dorm rooms" as we are calling them. We debated for weeks about the bedding options and finally decided to put sheets on the bottom bunks only, and make a rule that the top bunks would have sleeping bags only, AND you have to be at least 6 years old to sleep up there.  

If you have ever tried to put sheets on a top bunk, you will understand this reasoning perfectly. I am happy to report everybody cooperated fully with this idea. 


* * * * *
I'm linking up today with Hodgepodge Wednesday! Will I see you there?


0 komentar: