Wednesday 23 August 2017

Eclipsed By Clouds


Some of this week's Hodgepodge questions by Joyce have to do with science. I'm answering the questions and then linking up with other bloggers over at http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com.

1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts?

We watched the solar eclipse on TV. The event in my town obscured due to clouds with rain showers, but it still got 91% darker, so that was good enough.

Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar ... what's your favorite eclipse-related snack on this list?

I'll go with the Starburst candies. I love that rush of sweet-sour in my mouth!

2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

the forest in our back yard
I'm 'over the moon' with the abundance of green trees, palms and the blue ocean here in Florida after living so many years in the semi-arid West where there is an abundance of brown.

Something I enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'  -- hmm, that would be going to a concert, a play or a conference downtown. Once I get there it's all good, but the traffic and crowds involved with going and coming back are not my favorite things at all.

3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests  you. How do you feed that interest?

I've never been much into science. But I do enjoy watching science fiction movies with my husband (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc -- nothing gory or too scary). I saw a space launch in person once at Cape Canaveral. That was very neat.

4. What are a few things  you remember about going back to school as a child?

I've had more than my fair share of new schools because my family moved a lot, so going back to school as a younger student was not a favorite thing for me. But as I got older, I looked forward to the back-to-school shopping for clothes.

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

Jesus Christ - without Him and what He has done for me, I'd be a genuine mess!

Heaven - it will be better than any of us can possibly imagine.

Marriage - the blessing of my husband has helped to keep me sane and focused on better, wiser pursuits.

Family - I'm thankful the Lord has seen fit to give me very dear relatives.

Quilts - sewing quilts over much of my adult life gave me a creative outlet and a means for serving others. Note: with this move I have given up sewing except for the occasional mending that may be necessary. I gave away all but the most basic of my sewing necessities so I can now devote myself to more reading, improving my cooking skills to accommodate my food allergies, and perhaps improved blogging.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

"before" the screen installation
This week our back porch will get screened in. I'm excited for that so we can enjoy sitting out there without the bother of bugs and other creepy crawlies. Yes, I realize that 'nature' can still find their way inside, but the screening will be a huge help.

* * * * *
Linking up at From This Side of the Pond, http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com

0 komentar: